Saturday, June 25, 2011

Let the Sunshine In!

 
Living in a very wet part of the country, I have learned that most of my life I took sunshine for granted.  I like the rain, and I like having more distinct seasons, but come May or June for heaven's sakes I'm ready for some warmer temperatures and I want the sun to peak through the clouds! Running the heater and/or building a fire inside is a little annoying, even if some folks try to make it sound all cute by calling the month "June-uary".  

So,  I was VERY grateful to have been invited to a destination wedding in Florida this June! Having almost a week where my main duties included:

1. Sit outside by the gulf, read, sip on icy drinks, apply sunscreen, nap, hop in when you get too hot, repeat . . .


2. Sit outside by the pool read, sip on icy drinks, apply sunscreen, nap, hop in when you get too hot, repeat . . .


3. Spend a day at the spa, sitting outside by a private pool, using the whirlpool, getting a foot massage, drinking fru fru tea that will detoxify you, etc. 


4. End every day in a lovely room with this view of the sunset . . .


All of that vitamin D and R&R mixed with time to spend with friends laughing and enjoying really fresh seafood . . .well, let's just say it does a body good! Plus, while I was away, the sun decided it might just be time for summer here, too! Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment