Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year, New Name

So . . . I've been a bad blogger. The point of even keeping this is partly to help keep in touch with friends and family who are far away, and partly to encourage a discipline of writing things down so that I can remember them. But I get busy, and I'm not sure if it really matters that I keep it up, so I put off posting anything. And then I'm frustrated cuz I have some fun pictures and a few mildly interesting stories that I know I'll forget to share next time we are chatting on the phone.

Hence the new plan, I'm going to try to turn over a new leaf this year. First things first, while I still care a LOT about faith, friends, family & food (and I'm sure they will make appearances in the days to come) . . . I think the new name "Thank You Notes" is a better fit. The plan is to use this space to make note of the things for which I am grateful - or at least some of them, cuz I have plenty of things for which to say THANKS!

To start the year off, I am grateful to live in such a fun, wacky town. The kind of place where vehicles like the one seen here are commonplace. Where it isn't always clear if someone is dressed for work or a costume party. Where most people who has how you are doing, are genuinely interested and wait for a response. I am mindful of this today because of the way the whole place came together in support of the local college team as they played a bowl game last night. They didn't win in the end, but it was so much fun to sit and laugh and cheer and . . . yes . . .quack with strangers of all ages as we watched in restaruants, homes and bars across the city. Some folks are sad today, but regardless of the final score, our strange, fun little city and their beloved team have a lot to be proud of -we have our flaws, but it is never boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment