Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Seattle!


So right after my time in Minnesota I flew back to the northwest - but not to my hometown. Instead I landed in Seattle because I had the chance to connect with some friends for a couple of days. My friend Karen and her dad had been in Alaska fishing the week before - and since they are from New York City I didn't wanna miss out on seeing them on this side of the country! Plus Kirsten, Janna & her kids joined in as well.

Of course we had to see the Space Needle - in fact it was quite close to the MarQueen Hotel where we stayed. It is a fun place that once little apartments for mechanics back in the day. We had fun hanging out in the hood - fell in love with the Metropolitan Market (great snacks and good, cheap wine :-), and generally acted like tourists.

We also spent some time on Bainbridge Island - which you have to take a ferry to get to. I think taking a ferry ride with little kids is maybe one of the more fun things to do in the world!


Plus we found the super yummy ice cream spot on the island and had a great time enjoying fabulous treats in the sunshine! What fun it is to explore a bit of a city along with good friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment