Monday, December 28, 2009

let it snow!

BEFORE
I can't believe Christmas day has come and gone! I love the holidays and I am truly enjoying living in a part of the world where lovely evergreens abound! This year was the first time in my life I have purchased a REAL tree - a beautiful Noble Fir. It came home the first Sunday of advent and has graced the living room ever since. It will be sad to see it go after epiphany! But even as great as it has been to be surrounded by yummy smelling greenery, I think my favorite thing about the holiday season may be the baking. I LOVE to bake - but rarely make time to really make pretty things. With school out and Christmas music playing, I get excited to make all sorts of cookies and breads and candies. The ones that really feel like Christmas to me are the gingerbread cookies. The smell of the spices baking fills the house and makes me feel like a kid! Plus, while all my relatives in Texas are getting cabin fever from all the snow, we haven't seen a single flake . . .so we just made some! Hope your holiday was filled with things you love!

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment